Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Just a Few Thoughts About the Weather

I have to confess that I am a weather geek.  Big storms are an awesome display of power, and to keep it in perspective, it is only a smidgen compared to God's power.  Looking at storms of the past and learning how they were put together by certain conditions can be a lesson for us in our prayer life.

When I have not spent time in prayer or in God's Word, my perception of circumstances in my life can get a little off.  Add an unexpected event or crisis, and my perception becomes warped and my eyes look inside rather than up.  I begin to wonder if God has abandoned me.  The storm winds begin to push me off my foundation because I have not rooted myself in Him.

When I have been spending time in prayer and reading my Bible, then my perception is spot on and the biggest crisis will not uproot me because I am steeped in His promises for me.  The winds may blow and the rain may come, but I know from where my help comes from.

How about you?  Have you let the storms of life push you to and fro?

Blessings,

Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment